Thursday, March 1, 2012

website evaluation

www.prettythin.com

The world's largest eating disorder community and forum.

WHO:
When attempting to find the author/administrator of this site, I had to dig a little bit. A link eventually sent me to his private facebook page, but it is hard for me to believe that his identity is real. The first thing I notice about James Watson's personal facebook page is that his photo is not a clear view of him. I then see several pictures of picketers at rallies brandishing signs with all sorts of controversial topics such as abortion, toxic waste, and mining.

WHAT:
This site does clearly state (several times) that it is not a website about how to lose weight, but one that supports anorexics and bulimics on their journey. That sounds quite controversial to me. They're not assisting in weight loss, but they're supporting people who starve themselves?
The site is very much "to the point" adn doesn't use loaded language to pursuade the reader to join.
This web-site IS copyright protected '06-2012.



WHEN:
All of the links that I have clicked are current and in working order. The copyright date goes through 2012, and the most current time stamp I have found so far is February 27, 2012.

WHERE:
Prettythin is the domain name. The site uses .COM for several of its pages, but I have seem a few with .HTM

HOW:
I do not this that much of this information is credible and without bias. The members of this site are allowed to create blogs, journals, upload pictures of themselves or others, and are also allowed to take part in editing information on the main site.

No comments:

Post a Comment